OK, total self-promotion. I wrote an article that was recently published in Pharmaceutical Executive's Successful Product Manager's Handbook. They called it, Practicing Safe Social Marketing: Six Steps To Online Engagement, a title I really like. It details specific ways to participate in this new world without incurring the wrath of regulatory (or at least not as much as you might with other programs). In summary:
- Start tracking your brand online
- Establish a relationship with a patient opinion leader
- Support a social network in your category
- Engage with physicians at one of their many online haunts
- Use video to communicate and educate
- Go mobile
Let me know what you think.